Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My house's first bike





























So back in 2003 my cute little wife and I bought our first house. We searched long and hard for over a year, patiently waiting for the right house. When we found this house I spent the next 18 months of my life working day and night along with my father restoring this amazing tribute to the arts and crafts. I became obsessed with our home. I researched and read and asked and poked around all over to find out more and more information on my little bunglow and at last I was able to find out some information about the architect of our home. His name was Adelbert Brown. Adelbert had his own ideas about how his home should be and he did such a good job that one day some other family thought his home was so great they decided to build another home just like it one door south. So i've got the older sister of the two sister houses on my street. Anyways, Adelbert loved his house so much he died right here in the front room one day reading the paper. I hope that he is up there looking down and can appreciate all the love my wife and I have put into this great little house. Also I hope he can forgive my children for slamming thier toys into the 89 year old oak floors.
So the reason I posted this particular picture is because the house in the background is my house many many years later. I'm thinking that this picture was taken right around 1933 because the bike in the picture is a 1933 Schwinn B-10E with sweatheart sprocket, bolt on dropstand ears and the tank shape would be the same. I know this because i've become a bit of a bicycle enthusiats to say the very very least. I really like bikes. I like to ride them, fix them, collect them, and find out more and more about them and it is really all because of my very good friend Rusty. We started collecting bikes and fixing them up last summer and i've been hooked ever since. I'm not exactly sure how many bikes I have but i'm thinking i've got around twenty or so. I hope to have them all listed and catagorized sooner than later and that is the main reason I have had my wife help me start up this blog. So I hope I do this blog justice. I don't plan on loosing any sleep over this blog and if I find myself working on this thing more than working/riding/finding bikes I'll have to let it go so lets hope that doesn't happen any time soon.

1 comment:

Followers